Happy Easter to one and all!
I would like to share my positive vibes and happily reveal that this blog has been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award! Yay!! (Grinning from ear to ear) The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers with a small following. Some sites say less than 3000 followers, others say less than 300.
“Liebster” is German for “favorite”. So you can say that diaryofadesertfox.wordpress.com has been nominated as a favorite blog 🙂 Thank you to my super awesome backpacker friend Earth2Eartha!!
Once you receive a nomination, you have to post 11 things about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you. Then you simply pass it along. Choose 11 people to award and create 11 questions for them. No tag backs, by the way. It’s easy. Just spread the love.
11 Random Facts about the Desert Fox:
- I was born on the 11th day of the 11th month, at 11:00pm. My first address outside the hospital was #11 Gen Capinpin St.
- My first name is among the most popular names in the eighties. There was at least one Cristina in class.
- I have had over a dozen strangers, male and female, young and old, from different countries tell me “You look familiar.”
- Cleopatra is my go-to costume.
- Chicken macaroni soup is my ultimate comfort food.
- I don’t believe in fortunetellers. There was never one who was able to “read” me.
- I have never drunk dialed in my life.
- I have never actually been throwing-up-the-next-day drunk. I stop at tipsy.
- I hold a garage sale at least once a year.
- I used to play the violin. I was my husband’s violin teacher a couple of years ago. That was how we met.
- I was especially close to my late paternal grandmother. I named my son after her. I used the male version of her name of course.
11 Questions from Earth2Eartha:
What’s your favorite travel memory?
Hands down my favorite travel memory is our destination wedding at El Nido, Palawan. With our family and closest friends we celebrated at what is now known as the “next Maldives”. It was just perfect. I loved every minute of it.
Where is your favorite destination so far?
Please see above 🙂
What is your favorite thing to photograph while abroad?
Food especially desserts and local desserts if they’re pretty or at least pretty interesting.
Who is your travel hero?
My travel hero is anyone who upgrades my room for free! Haha!
Are you more practical or luxurious?
I think practicality but like to splurge occasionally. I want my holiday to be relaxing and stress-free. When I can, I usually chose nice resorts, not necessarily expensive but with a great ambience, stellar service, and most importantly a proper bed and bath.
What is your best travel purchase?
A $10 pair of boots from Guangzhou, China. It’s been with me for three years now and is still the most comfortable one I’ve got. Wait, it was actually less than $10..about 7 I think.
When did you first get bitten by the travel bug?
When I was little, my (then single) uncles and aunties would always initiate outdoor trips and out-of-town excursions. My parents and my sister and I would always join them. Though they are less adventurous and busier these days having their own families, I believe those experiences paved the way for me to look at travelling as a usual rather than occasional thing.
Share your most favorite travel photo ever!
I have a lot of favorites! I love them for the memories they bring. If I had to narrow it down to one.. one album.. haha..it would be of photos of these:
Have you ever met someone while traveling that you really connected with? Are you still friends?
I rarely travel alone. My travelling companions are my sister, family, friends and now, my husband. There is little opportunity to actually connect with strangers.
Would you rather fly, sail, drive or walk?
I would do all! But only in increments haha. I tend to be impatient in long drives, feel terrible in extensive flights, and get seasick after a couple of hours. BUT I once walked for 5 hours non-stop in New York!
My 11 Nominations:
- Lizze @ pretty-ugly.me
- Emma @ mylittle3andme.co.uk
- Alessandra @ lifeafterbreakfast.com
- Brandon @ thefunnyconversations.com
- Shelley and Karen @ Shelleydesigns.wordpress.com
- Carley @ triedtestedandtruemommy.wordpress.com
- Jerry @ bugipogi.wordpress.com
- Kristen @ thebikewife.com
- Madam Vie @ runwayfarer.com
- Tamara @ tamaraessexspanishblog.wordpress.com
- Vanessa @ militarywifemayhem.com
My 11 Questions:
- Why do you blog?
- What advice would you give to a new writer?
- Why do you think I nominated you?
- What’s your favorite way to escape?
- If I were to spend 24 hours in your city/country, where would you advise I go?
- I know I haven’t heard it all. Tell me a funny/weird/unexpected question you’ve been asked while in a foreign country.
- What is your fondest memory?
- What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
- What is the one thing you have always wanted to do but never have?
- What song defines your life?
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
So that’s it. Time to pay it forward, you guys.